1. When will start the new semester?
An academic year at the university comprises of two semesters. Spring semester starts in the month of March and fall semester in September.
2. When should students arrive on campus?
Spring semester: one week ahead of new class in March.
Fall semester: one week ahead of new class in September..
3. Need the students book the accommodation before arrival?
Yes. Students should book the room type at least two days before arrival.
4. Is there any airport pick up service for new students? How much it would be charged.
Free airport pick up service at Shenyang airport is offered one week ahead of class start. Other time the service will charge 350 CNY once. Or students can take the taxi to campus by self.
5. Ways of school fees transfer?
The following ways of school fees paying is available.
A. Transfer the fees to SAU official bank account directly.
B. Open a bank account after arrival on campus and the fees could be sent to students personal bank account by parents. Students transfer the fees through their personal account.
6. Which documents should be brought when register on campus?
Original copy of admission letter, JW202 form, original highest graduate certificate and transcript should be brought.
7. Is the TOEFL or IELTS required for admission?
TOEFL or IELTS results are not necessary. While students must be a fluent English speaker.
8. Does the university offer any kind of scholarship?
Besides of self financial study, SAU offers Chinese Government Scholarship, Liaoning Provincial Government Scholarship, University Scholarship and President Scholarship as well.
9. Should students pay dormitory fee monthly, per semester or yearly?
According to university policy, dormitory fee should be paid yearly.
10. How to use the electricity and water?
Each month 100 units of electricity will be provided freely to students. Excess use of electricity will be charged. Water is free to students. While water and electricity saving is encouraged.
11. How can the students wash the clothing?
There are public washing machines on each floor of the apartment.
12. Can students cook by themselves?
There are public kitchen on each floor of the apartment. Students can cook by themselves. While students also can go to canteen on campus. There is also food delivery option from the dining hall to the international student apartment.
13. Does the dorm provide blanket, sheet or other room equipment?
Yes. New students will get a set of bedding when arrive on campus.
14. Should students pay the room during holiday?
Room payment covers 12 months per year including holiday.
15. How can students buy insurance during their study in China?
Insurance costs 600 RMB per year, and SAU will arrange the insurance buying for students after their arrival on campus.